IULTCS – International Union of Leather Technologists and Chemists Societies
The International Union of Leather Technologists and Chemists Societies, a world-wide organization of professional societies, was originally organized in London in 1897.
Now there are currently 20 Member Societies and 4 Associate Members representing some 3,000 individual members.
IULTCS is involved in the different activites as:
- networking of leather organizations around the world to facilitate their cooperation
- organization of Congresses and conferences
- development of standard test methods and supportin their international adoption
- coordination and communication on researches, to focus topics and resources, and training
- offering a politically neutral platform to develop a constructive market strategy for the industry.
"The IULTCS is founded for the purpose of encouraging the technology, chemistry, and science of leather on a worldwide basis."