Starting point for the internships of the IFTS – Higher Technician for the Lombardy shoe sector course, promoted by Confindustria Alto Milanese and Assocalzaturifici (here a further account of the contents and motivations of the course).
The aim of the course is clear: to train young technicians in order to pass on the “savoir faire” of the footwear industry of the luxury sector. In particular, the invaluable tradition of the Vigevano and Parabiago districts, where, today, shoes for brands as important as Chanel, Hermes, Louboutin and Manolo Blahnik are manufactured.
I was able to deepen my passion for footwear. My dream is to have my shoe line one day.
Last week the 560-hour theoretical-practical training period ended. Its programme was a rich one:
- the lessons in the classrooms of the Bernocchi Institute in Legnano in October 2017.
- two weeks of extraordinary visits to the companies producing the materials: Ifaba last factory, Elleduesse Contrafforti counters factory, Biafer sole factory, Villa Cortese heel factory, Schmidt fabrics, LP Fashion Studio, Conceria Stefania tannery, Conceria Gaiera tannery.
- a week dedicated to visiting the sector’s important fairs such as Micam (finished product), Lineapelle (materials and components) and Simac (machinery and technology)
- finally, the great innovation of this course, represented by a strong laboratory and practical training:
- three weeks in Vigevano at ATOM and at the Shoe Style Lab to deepen the techniques to cut materials
- six weeks at the shoe factory of the ARSUTORIA school to learn the basics for lasting shoes. The educational system based on the methodology of the Danish Production School (adopted thanks to the European programme Learn2work), which aims to enhance social skills/aptitudes during the process of acquiring technical skills, is a plus.
I am happy, because now I have a very full understanding of the footwear sector.
Today the 440 hours of curricular internships at companies in the territory, another fundamental and crucial step in the training of the students, begin.
We are, to say the least, enthusiastic – declared Matteo Pasca, the director of ARSUTORIA school – because the best companies in the district of Parabiago have responded with enthusiasm and generosity, taking in all 22 students of the IFTS course, who will have the unmissable opportunity of working in shoe factories that are icons of made in Italy: Bollati, Cleo Bottier, Erre, Fratelli Rossetti, La Griffe, Nebuloni, Novarlux, Parabiago Collezioni, Roveda1955, SeymeChamLou, Valsecchi.