In answer to a sector increasingly in search of sustainable solutions that are also in line with Ortholite’s expanding commitment to its Zero Waste initiative, the American company OrthoLite, industry leader in the production of insoles with a high technological content adopted by prestigious international brands everywhere, extends its range of ecological formulations with the debut of two new technologies for insoles: OrthoLite® HybridPlus-Bio™ and HybridPlus-Recycled™.

The new formulations present an opportunity for elevating the company’s sustainable best practices across all of its processes and products, while supporting sustainability goals without compromising on comfort and performance.

OrthoLite HybridPlus-Recycled offers the unprecedented ability to elevate the eco-content of insoles to 50%. The unique blend of 7% recycled rubber powder and 43% recycled PU foam achieve a total 50% recycled content, which uses less petroleum and less energy, while adding less to landfills. This allows the new technologies to provide all the comfort consumers expect with the eco-friendly features they demand.

OrthoLite HybridPlus-Bio offers 57% total eco content with the formulation of 7% bio-oil derived from castor, 43% recycled production waste foam, and 7% recycled rubber. The blend combines Hybrid and bio-oil formulations to further reduce the use of petroleum.

Ideal for a wide range of applications, both the OrthoLite HybridPlus-Recycled and the OrthoLite HybridPlus-Bio deliver sustainable comfort and performance critical in insole, strobel and upper applications, creating a cooler, drier environment inside all categories of footwear, so consumers can feel and perform their best.

“Through the creation of our dedicated in-house recycling facility, OrthoLite continues to invest in the development of more sustainable solutions that optimise our supply chain from end to end by capturing and repurposing waste material. The new HybridPlus technologies are a direct result of these investments,” said John Barrett, President of OrthoLite. “Pursuing sustainability has been one of OrthoLite’s core values since the company launched 25 years ago with insoles containing recycled rubber. Our commitment to furthering sustainability in footwear is not always the easy way forward, but it is most certainly the right one as we enter our next 25 years. We look forward to affecting positive change faster by working with our global supply chain and brand partners to invest in and implement circular solutions.”