For over 70 years, Texon has been a leading supplier of sustainable, high quality, high performance material solutions.
Now Texon presents Texon Ecoline, a revolutionary material that perfectly combines strength and sustainability. Based on 85% recycled polyester (rPET), Texon Ecoline is 100% recyclable and up to 32% lighter than similar materials, but delivers the same strength and performance as heavier substrates.
Texon Ecoline is produced via a special fusion-bonded process that enhances the internal bonding structure of the material’s fibres, which are randomly arranged. This manufacturing method makes the material stronger while retaining the thin, lightweight qualities required for insole applications. It is also more environmentally friendly, using up to 50% less energy per square metre of material and consuming less water and chemicals.
In a further boost to Texon Ecoline’s environmental credentials, Texon has integrated the product into its take back program for solid waste recycling. This scheme enables footwear producers to return any offcuts to Texon to create more of the same product – reducing the amount of material sent to landfill and saving manufacturers money on waste disposal costs.
Texon Ecoline characteristics
– Designed for use in cement lasted and vulcanised construction
– Suitable for most types of footwear.
– The material offers excellent moisture absorption and dispersal qualities
– High sole bond adhesion with neoprene and PU adhesives.
– Available in sheet form in a neutral colour or in net form for better management of solid waste.
– Different gauges, manufacturing methods and treatments allow for versatility and a wide range of applications.